Best Fudgy Protein Brownies
I have officially started year 2 out of 3.5 of my doctorate in chiropractic medicine program! I took the past year off from the program which was rejuvenating & healing. Now I’m back to having classes on campus from 7:30 am – 5:00 pm Monday-Friday, so as you can imagine, meal prepping has become my new best friend. 😂 I typically spend about 2 hours each Sunday preparing meals for the week. (Stay tuned for more of my go-to meal prep recipes)!
Having food on hand at school that is satiating, helps me focus in class, energizes me, and also tastes good is essential for getting me successfully through the day. I love having a mid-day chocolate pick-me-up to get me through my afternoon classes, so this weekend I decided to prepare some fudgy protein brownies!
I like to store these in the freezer so that they last longer, but you can also store them in the refrigerator for up to a week! The freezer gives them a nice fudgy texture that is soooo good.
What makes these fudgy protein brownies healthier?
- Just like my other recipes, these brownies are free from gluten, dairy, sugar, and grains!
- They contain 9.5 grams of protein PER brownie along with healthy fats, so they will keep you satiated for hours.
- Since they don’t contain any sugar, you’ll avoid a sugar crash later in the afternoon!
- These are anti-inflammatory, which boosts cognitive function, lowers blood pressure, and even boosts mental health.
- Make sure to use PURE monk fruit drops or stevia free from sugar alcohols. I like Lakanto monk fruit drops.
If you make these fudgy protein brownies, be sure to leave a comment below and rate the recipe! You can also snap and picture and post it on Instagram using the hashtag #tasteofliberation.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate protein powder (I used Designs for Health)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon monk fruit drops
- 1/2 cup monk fruit sweetened chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease an 8 inch pan.
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and fold in ¼ cup chocolate chips, then spread evenly into the pan.
- Top with remaining chocolate chips and chopped peanuts.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then allow brownies to cool (they firm up as they cool and firm up more in the refrigerator).
- Cut into 9 pieces and enjoy!
NOTE: Store in freezer for up to 6 months or refrigerator for up to a week.