Easy Almond Milk From Almond Butter
Get ready for your life to change with this super easy 4-ingredient almond milk recipe! I’m all about saving time and money, and I swear this almond milk hack has saved me so much money every month! Not to mention this recipe is also free from gums and other additives that most almond milk brands add, and it takes 3 minutes to make!
Why should I avoid gums and other additives in almond milk?
Most plant-based milks contain gums to prevent separation, extend shelf life, or thicken the consistency. Many of these gums have been shown to cause GI issues such as bloating and gas, which can cause inflammation in the gut. The perfect alternative to store-bought almond milk is by quickly making your own made with just a few simple ingredients!
How to make almond milk?
- Place almond butter in a high power blender and pour in the water and other flavorings.
- Blend on high until it is fully mixed, about 10-15 seconds.
- Pour your fresh almond milk into a mason jar and store in the refrigerator for up to a week!
- Use in your dandy blend, smoothies, tea, buckwheat groats, or drink plain!
If you’re like me and you’re looking for ways to eat healthier while saving time and money, then this recipe is for you! The alternative way of making almond milk is soaking raw almonds for at least 8 hours, then blending and straining the milk. This method is wonderful if you have time, as the soaking step allows for proper nutrient absorption! But if you don’t want to go to the hassle, then try this recipe.
If you make this Almond Milk, be sure to leave a comment below and rate the recipe! You can also snap and picture and post it on Instagram using the hashtag #tasteofliberation. Check out this recipe on Instagram to see how to make it!
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 3 cups filtered water
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon monk fruit drops
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend on high for 10-15 seconds.
- Pour into a mason jar and store in refrigerator for up to a week!