Salted Peanut Butter Air Fryer Breakfast Cookie
I’m a big fan of dessert for breakfast, especially when it’s made with nourishing ingredients that will satisfy my sweet tooth while satiating me for hours!
This salted peanut butter breakfast cookie is filled with protein and fiber, making it the perfect option to start your day. It comes together in just 6 minutes and is made with only a few, healthy ingredients!
Life is short, and I certainly don’t want to spend it restricting myself from foods that I love. Bonus? This cookie takes 6 minutes to make and it’s made with anti-inflammatory ingredients because life is also too short to spend it filling our bodies with things that will leave it feeling depleted.
What do you need to make this recipe?
1 organic ripe banana: the banana adds a lovely texture and natural sweetness to this cookie.
Organic peanut butter: you can also use your favorite nut/seed butter of choice free from sugar and oils!
1 egg: If you want to make this cookie vegan, you can use one flaxseed egg by combining 1 tablespoon of flaxseed with 3 tablespoons of water and letting the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
Gluten free rolled oats: make sure to grab the gluten free version to ensure the cookie is gluten free.
Buckwheat flour: simply blend organic buckwheat groats in a high speed blender until a flour forms.
Monk fruit sweetened chocolate chips
Flaked sea salt
When to make this air fryer breakfast cookie?
- Kids lunches
- Breakfast meal prep
- Snack meal prep
- Workout snack
If you make this air fryer breakfast cookie, be sure to leave a comment below and rate the recipe! You can also snap and picture and post it on Instagram using the hashtag #tasteofliberation.
PREP TIME: 2 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 8 MINUTES
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Top with chocolate chips and flaked salt
- Preheat air fryer to 360F or oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl, mash the banana with a fork and add all the other ingredients aside from the buckwheat flour.
- Blend your buckwheat groats in a high speed blender until a flour forms then add that to your mixing bowl.
- Add parchment paper to an air fryer and add half of the cookie dough then top with chocolate chips and flaked sea salt.
- Air fry for 6 minutes or bake in the oven for 12 minutes.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the cookie dough in the air fryer!